Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – Sept. 2014
To receive a complete listing of all of our wonderful programs, call us and we’ll mail you a copy of our “Possibilities” activities guide. All ages are welcome to participate in these programs. Please pre-register where necessary.
African Cultural Event
Energetic African music will lift your spirits and your energy, leaving you feeling rejuvenated and inspired! Join us as we learn a little about African culture, food and most importantly the rhythms and beats that are the essence of African life. This lively event will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 16th, cost is $8, call 303-205-7500 to register.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “Monuments Men” will be shown Thurs. September 25th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
Maintain a Healthy Brain Fair
Come see what activities are associated with positive impacts on brain health. Many of these activities are already offered in the community. At this fair you will be able to get more information or enroll in an upcoming program to maintain your brain! This FREE informative event will be held on Tuesday, September 23rd from 1:30-3:30pm.
Our hiking season is winding down, just a couple trips left! On Thursday, Sept. 18th we’re headed to Mayhem Gulch for difficult hike. The season will end with a moderate hike on the Lincoln Mountain Trail on Oct. 16th.
A $16 trip fee covers transportation and an escort/driver from the AAC; to register call 303-205-7500.
Parkinson’s Exercise Class
This 6-week class is designed to improve quality of life functions in people with Parkinson’s disease. Exercises will assist participants with walking posture, gait, balance and agility. Classes are held on Wednesday afternoons beginning Oct. 15th call 303-205-7500 for additional information or to register.
Strength Training for Couples
This 1-hour class will give you an overview of safety basic exercise programming plus ideas on where to start for beginners or new routines for those already using a fitness plan. No partner, no problem, join in anyway! This class will be held on Friday, Sept. 19th, cost is $13 or $5 for Wheat Ridge SilverSneaker® cardholders. Call 303-205-7500 to register.
Advanced Beginner Bridge Class
Join Sandy Koller for this 10-week bridge class for those who have some knowledge of the game. Classes are held on Thursdays from 1-3:30pm beginning Sept. 11th. Cost is $48, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $20/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $20/hour
- Handmade Cards with Karen – 1 class; Thursday, Sept. 25th from 1-3pm – $10 + $10 supply fee
- Pottery – 8 classes; Tuesdays, starting Sept. 9th from 1-3pm – $10 + supply fees $10 – $20
- Ongoing Pastel – new 6-week class starts Monday, August 11th – $50 + $15 supply fee
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Basic and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula and Ballroom Dance. Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (Sept. 16th) 1:30-2:30pm – free
- Write & Share – 3rd Tuesday (Sept. 16th) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Laughter Yoga – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Booktalk – Thursday, Sept. 10-11:30am
- Computer Lab – Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12pm & 1:30-3:30pm (unless class is scheduled)
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12pm to 3:30pm
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
6363 W. 35th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033