Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – Oct. 2014
To receive a complete listing of all of our wonderful programs, call us and we’ll mail you a copy of our “Possibilities” activities guide. All ages are welcome to participate in these programs. Please pre-register where necessary.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “The Butler” will be shown Thurs. October 23rd at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
Navigating Healthcare Choices
Are you prepared? Do you even know where to start? This workshop will help you navigate and understand the numerous healthcare avenues available to you. Tuesday, Oct. 28th, cost $5; call 303-205-7500 to register.
The hiking season will end with a moderate hike on the Lincoln Mountain Trail on Oct. 16th. A $16 trip fee covers transportation and an escort/driver from the AAC; to register call 303-205-7500.
Parkinson’s Exercise Class
This 6-week class is designed to improve quality of life functions in people with Parkinson’s disease. Exercises will assist participants with walking posture, gait, balance and agility. Classes are held on Wednesday afternoons beginning Oct. 15th call 303-205-7500 for additional information or to register.
Computer and e-Classes
- Beginning Windows 7 – 4 classes; Wednesdays, Oct. 8, 15, 22 & 29 – $50 call 303-205-7500 to sign up
- Window 8 – 2 classes; Mon & Wed, Oct. 13 & 15 – $40 call 303-205-7500 to sign up
- Intermediate iPad – 2 classes; Tues & Thurs, Oct. 7 & 9 – $40 call 303-205-7500 to sign up
- Advanced iPad -2 classes; Tues & Thurs, Oct. 21 & 23 – $40 call 303-205-7500 to sign up
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
Downloadables for e-Readers
Learn how to download free books from the Jeffco Library to your e-Reader. This class will be held on Thursday, October 16th, it is free but space is limited, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Handmade Cards with Karen – 1 class; Thursday, Oct. 23rd from 1-3pm – $10 + $10 supply fee
- Jewelry with Karen – 1 class, Thursday, Oct. 16th from 1-3pm – $10 + $10 supply fee
- Charcoal Drawing – 6 classes, Fridays Oct 17th – Nov 21st – $45 + $15 supply fee
- Continuing Pastel – new 6-week class starts Monday, Oct. 20th – $50 + $15 supply fee
- Japanese Bunka – new 6-week class will begin on Thurs. Oct. 23rd – cost is $29 + kit fee
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Basic and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula and Ballroom Dance. Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (Oct. 21st) 1:30-2:30pm – free
- Write & Share – 3rd Tuesday (Oct. 21st) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Laughter Yoga – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Booktalk – Thursday, Oct. 23rd from 10-11:30am – Book: “Midnight in Europe”
- Computer Lab – Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12pm & 1:30-3:30pm (unless class is scheduled)
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12pm to 3:30pm