Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – Oct. 2013
To receive a complete listing of all of our wonderful programs, call us and we’ll mail you a copy of our “Possibilities” activities guide. All ages are welcome to participate in these programs. Please pre-register where necessary.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “The Great Gatsby” will be shown Thurs. October 24th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
Aging Wisely — Affordable Health Care Act
Liz Tredennick will help you understand more about Medicare and the new Affordable Health Care Act and how the benefits could affect you. This class will be held on Tues. Oct. 29th at 1:30pm, cost is $5- please pre-register by calling 303-205-7500.
Write Your Own Will
In this 4-hour class you will complete a simple will with ease, along with a living will and medical power of attorney and financial power of attorney. The $125 fee includes all materials, witnessing and notarizing fees. Class will be held on Sat. Oct. 5th, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Computer Basics — 2 classes; Fridays, Oct. 4th & 11th – $30 — call to register
- Beginning Windows — 4 classes; Fridays, Oct. 18th — Nov. 8th – $50 — call to register
- Intermediate iPad — 2 classes; Tues/Thur, Oct. 15th & 17th – $30— call to register
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One — get a 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $20/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One — get a 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $20/hour
- Japanese Bunka — 6 classes; Thursdays, Oct. 31st —Dec. 12th from 1-3pm – $29 + cost of kit
- You Can See It-You Can Draw It — 6 classes; Fridays, Oct.18 — Nov. 22nd from 9:30-11:30am -$40 + $15 supply fee
- Acrylic Painting — 6 classes; Thursdays, Oct. 31st — Dec. 12th from 1-3pm – $53
- Greeting Cards with Karen — 1 class; Monday, Nov. 18th from 12:30-2:30pm – $10 + $10 supply fee
Take a Hike!
Join the Wheat Ridge 50+ hikers as we explore Colorado one hike at a time. To sign up for a hike ($16) or to request a complete schedule of our upcoming hikes, call 303-205-7500.
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Basic and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula and Ballroom Dance. Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
Dance Your Way to Fitness!
- Beginning Zumba – Drop-in Sun. at 1pm & Mon. at 11am. Cost $3.50 or free to Wheat Ridge SilverSneakers®
- Line Dance Beginning — Drop-in every Wed. from 2 – 3pm – $3.50 or free to Wheat Ridge SilverSneakers®
- Line Dance Intermed. — Drop-in every Monday from 2 – 3pm – $3.50 or free to Wheat Ridge SilverSneakers®
- Ballroom Blast – Drop-in every Friday from 11am — 12pm – $3.50 or free to Wheat Ridge SilverSneakers®
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Low Vision Support Group — 3rd Tuesdays (Oct. 15th) 1:30-2:30pm
- Write & Share — 3rd Tuesdays (Oct. 15th) 2-3:30pm
- Laughter Yoga — Every Tuesday — 12:15-1:15pm
- Silversmith Lab — Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild — Every Wednesday, 1-3:45pm
- Genealogy Genies — 3rd Thursdays, Oct. 17th – 1:30-3pm
- Booktalk —Thursday, October 24th – 10-11:30am Book: Dream with Little Angels
- Computer Lab — Monday-Friday — 8:30am-12pm & 1:30-3:30pm
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
6363 W. 35th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033