Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – Nov. 2015
Fall Harvest Dinner
Bring your family and join your friends at the Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center for a Fall Harvest Dinner. Turkey with many delicious side dishes, as well as dessert will be served on Friday, Nov. 20th, lively musical entertainment will complete the evening. Register early as space is limited; cost is $11. 303-205-7500
Ever have that feeling like someone is watching over you? This fun interactive presentation will raise your awareness of the many forms and ways in which angels are present in our lives. This class will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 24th at 2pm, cost is $5. Call 303-205-7500 to register.
Computer and Technology
We offer a wide variety of computer classes from basic info to learning about your tablet or even your phone. Please call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule of upcoming classes being offered.
- Basics of a Mac Computer – 2 classes – Tues/Thur, Nov. 3rd & 5th from 9:30-11:30am – $40, call to register.
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Continuing Pastel – new 6-week class begins Monday, Nov. 2nd – 1-3pm; $50
- Pottery – new 6-week class begins Tuesday, Nov. 10th – 1-3pm; $47 + $15 supply fee
- Greeting Cards with Karen – 1 class; Saturday, Sat. Nov. 14th – 10am-12pm; $10 + $10 supply fee
Call 303-205-7500 for more info or to register.
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula, Ballroom, Zumba and Western Line Dance. Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
- Tap Dance – Intermed. – new 6-week session begins Wed. Nov. 11th; $28 or $8 for SilverSneaker cardholders.
- Tap Dance – Advanced – new 6-week session begins Wed. Nov. 11th; $28 or $8 for SilverSneaker cardholders.
- Hula Dance – new 6-week session begins Tues, Nov. 24th; $26 or free for SilverSneaker cardholders.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Duplicate Bridge – Every Monday 12-3:45pm, bring a partner (fee $2.50 ea.)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (Nov. 17th) 1:30-2:30pm – Free
- Write & Share – 3rd Tuesday (Nov. 17th) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Smile-Hi Healing Laughter – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Blood Pressure Screenings – 4th Thursdays, 11am-1pm – Free
- Booktalk –Thursday, Nov 19th from 10-11:30am – Book: All the Light We Cannot See
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of activities for the 50 and up crowd. Choose from numerous exercise classes and a variety of general interest classes, or hone your technical skills in one of our computer classes. We also have an excellent Trip Program and many wonderful Special Events held throughout the year. We are proud to be a SilverSneakers facility. Please feel free to stop in sometime or contact us for additional information.
To receive a complete listing of all of our wonderful programs, call us and we’ll mail you a copy of our “Possibilities” activities guide. All ages are welcome to participate in these programs. Please pre-register where necessary.