Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – Nov. 2014
To receive a complete listing of all of our wonderful programs, call us and weÕll mail you a copy of our “Possibilities” activities guide. All ages are welcome to participate in these programs. Please pre-register where necessary.
Fall Harvest Dinner
Enjoy a turkey dinner with all the trimmings followed by lively musical entertainment. All the fun takes place on Friday, Nov. 21st, cost is $10, call 303-205-7500 to get signed up.
Ever have that feeling like someone is watching over you? This fun interactive presentation will raise your awareness of the many forms and ways in which angels are present in our lives. This class will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 25th, cost is $5. Call 303-205-7500 for additional information or to register.
STAC 60+ Strength Training
In this 1-hour seminar and demo you will get an overview of the basic guidelines for individuals 60+ including safety and basic exercise programming. This class will be held on Friday, Nov. 21st, cost is $13 or $5 for WR SilverSneakers cardholders. Call 303-205-7500 to register.
Computer and e-Classes
- Keep in Touch with Family (Learn to use Facetime & Skype) – 2 classes; Wed & Fri, Nov. 19 & 21 – $40 call 303-205-7500 to sign up
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Handmade Cards with Karen – 1 class; Thursday, Nov. 20th from 1-3pm – $10 + $10 supply fee
- Pottery – new 6-week class will begin on Tues. Nov. 18th – cost is $41 + $10 supply fee
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Basic and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula and Ballroom Dance. Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (Nov. 18th) 1:30-2:30pm – free
- Write & Share – 3rd Tuesday (Nov. 18th) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Laughter Yoga – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Booktalk – Thursday, Nov 20th from 10-11:30am – Book: “The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry”
- Computer Lab – Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12pm & 1:30-3:30pm (unless class is scheduled)
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12pm to 3:30pm
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
6363 W. 35th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033