Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – May 2016
Please pre-register where necessary.
Fitness, Fun & Food
This morning will be chockful of fun with several ‘Minute to Win It’ games testing your skills, athleticism, brains and luck. You will have loads of fun and who knows, you may even win a prize all while you get your fitness activity for the day. A tasty breakfast will also be served; all this fun will take place on Tues., May 24th, cost is $3.50, call to register.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “Brooklyn” will be shown on Thurs. May 26th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
It’s Hiking Season
Get out and enjoy Colorful Colorado, each trip cost is $18 and includes transportation and a group escort.
First hike of the season is to Cheyenne Mtn. State Park (a moderately difficult hike) on May 12th followed by an easy to moderate hike on May 26th in Pawnee Buttes. Call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule and/or to register.
Computer and Technology
We offer a wide variety of computer classes from basic info to learning about your tablet or even your phone. Please call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule of upcoming classes being offered.
- Camera, Phone or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $30/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $30/hour
- Kindle Fire class – 2 classes, May 2nd & 4th, cost $40, bring your Kindle Fire to class
Couples Ballroom Dance
This 4-week class focuses on the Cha Cha; sign up as a couple or a single. Classes held Fridays, May 6, 13, 20 & 27 – cost is $25 pp or $11 pp for Wheat Ridge SilverSneaker¨ cardholders; call 303-205-7500 to register.
Hula Dance Class
New 6-week class to begin on Tues. May 31st, cost is $26 or free to Wheat Ridge SilverSneaker¨ cardholders; call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Countertop Herbs – 1 class, Wednesday, May 11th, cost is $16
- Flowering Patio Pots – 1 class, Monday, May 23rd; cost is $16
- Bring your own container for these classes. Call 303-205-7500 to register.
Pottery – new 8-week class starts Tuesday, May 17th from 1-3pm; $65 + $15 supply fee
Call 303-205-7500 for more info or to register.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Duplicate Bridge – Every Monday 12-3:45pm, bring a partner (fee $2.50 ea.)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (May 17th) 1:30-2:30pm – Free
- Write & Share – 4th Tuesdays (May 24th) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Smile-Hi Healing Laughter – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- NEW! Drop-in Improv Class – 4th Tuesdays, 11am-12pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Genealogy Genies – 3rd Thursdays, (May 19th) – 1:30-3pm
- Blood Pressure Screenings – 4th Thursdays, 11am-1pm – Free
- Booktalk –Thursday, May 26th from 10-11:30am – Book: The Boston Girl
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
6363 W. 35th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033