Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – May 2015
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of activities for the 50 and up crowd. Choose from numerous exercise classes and a variety of general interest classes, or hone your technical skills in one of our computer classes. We also have an excellent Trip Program and many wonderful Special Events held throughout the year. We are proud to be a SilverSneakers facility. Please feel free to stop in sometime or contact us for additional information.
Write Your Own Will
In a single setting you will complete a simple will along with a living will, medical power of attorney, financial power of attorney – all with the help of a licensed attorney. This workshop which costs $125.00 fills up fast so register early by calling 303-205-7500.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “Selma” will be shown Thurs. May 28th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
Take a Hike!
It’s time to get out and enjoy the beauty of hiking in this great state of ours! We’re headed to the Garden of the Gods trails on May 13th then up to RMNP-Albert Falls/Bear Lake on May 21st; cost is $18 per hike, call 303-205-7500 to register and to get a complete list of all of our upcoming hikes.
- Tomato 101 – May 12th – You will learn all about tomato growing – $5
- Flowering Patio Pots – May 18th – Bring your own empty pot-we’ll supply everything you need to fill it! – $16
- Countertop Herbs – May 29th -Bring a container and leave with a pot full of aromatic herbs! -$16
Call 303-205-7500 to register or for additional information.
Computer and e-Classes
We offer a wide variety of computer classes, from Basic Computer to learning about your tablet or even your phone. Please call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule of upcoming computer classes.
- Keep in Touch with Family – 2 classes, May 19th & 21st; you will learn about using Skype and Facetime, texting and private messaging; cost is $40, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Advanced iPad – 2 classes, May 11th & 13th; cost is $40, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Pottery – new 8-week class will start on Tuesday, May 19th – $61 + $10 supply fee
- Handmade Greeting Cards – 1 class; Thursday, May 28th from 1-3pm – $10 + $10 supply fee
Call 303-205-7500 for more info or to register.
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula, Ballroom and Western Line Dance. New sessions start every month! Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Duplicate Bridge – Every Monday 12-3:30pm, bring a partner (fee $2.50 ea.)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (May 19th) 1:30-2:30pm – Free
- Write & Share – 3rd Tuesday (May 19th) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Smile-Hi Healing Laughter – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Blood Pressure Screenings – 4th Thursdays, 11am-1pm – Free
- Genealogy Genies – 3rd Thursdays (May 21st) 1:30-3pm
- Booktalk – Thursday, May 28th from 10-11:30am – Book: “Far From the Madding Crowd”
- Computer Lab – Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12pm & 1:30-3:30pm (unless class is scheduled)
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
6363 W. 35th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033