Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – Mar. 2016
Please pre-register where necessary.
Brain Workout+ is designed to exercise every part of the brain with neuro-aerobics, music and art stimuli, and relaxation exercises. The emphasis is on increasing participant interaction and socialization. It starts with introductions and light physical exercises, followed by different types of neuro-aerobics/music stimuli/creative stimuli and finishing with Reiki relaxation. This 8-week class held Wed & Fri runs 3/23-4/15; cost is $2 per visit.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “My All American” will be shown on Thurs. March 24th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
Skiing & Snowshoe Outings
Head to the hills with Wheat Ridge AAC. Our next outing is planned for Friday March. 11th, to Copper Mtn. for downhill skiing or Breckenridge for some Nordic fun! On Tuesday, March 29th we’ll head to Winter Park and Grand Lake Nordic Center. Cost is $18 per trip and includes transportation and a driver/escort. Call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule and to register.
Computer and Technology
We offer a wide variety of computer classes from basic info to learning about your tablet or even your phone. Please call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule of upcoming classes being offered.
- Camera, Phone or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Learn to Use Your iPad – 2 classes, March 23rd & 25th, cost $40, bring your iPad to class
- Intermediate iPad – 2 classes, March 28th & 30th, cost $40, bring your iPad to class
- NON iPad Tablet Class – 2 classes, March 7th & 9th, cost $40, bring your Tablet to class (only Samsung, Asus, Nexus and LG purchased after 2013 will be covered in this class)
Create your own Fairy Garden
You will create your own unique fairy garden complete with two tiny plants, two accessories and soil. Please bring your own pot and any miniature items you have around the house to either incorporate into your fairyscape or trade with other people in the class. This class will be on Wednesday, Mar. 23rd; $20 call 303-205-7500 to register.
- NEW! Scratchboard – 4-week class starts Friday, March 4th from 1-3pm; $35 + 25 supply fee
- Continuing Pastel – new 6-week class starts Monday, March 7th from 1-3pm; $50
- Japanese Bunka – 6-week class begins March 17th – 1-3pm; $29 + kit fee
- Pottery – new 8-week class starts Tuesday, March 15th from 1-3pm; $65 + 15 supply fee
Call 303-205-7500 for more info or to register.
Couples Ballroom Dance – Foxtrot
This 4-week class focuses on the Foxtrot; sign up as a couple or a single. Classes held Fridays 12:15-1:15, cost is $25 each or $8 for SilverSneakers cardholders. Call 303-205-7500 to register.
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula, Ballroom, Zumba and Western Line Dance. Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Duplicate Bridge – Every Monday 12-3:45pm, bring a partner (fee $2.50 ea.)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (March 15th) 1:30-2:30pm – Free
- Write & Share – 4th Tuesdays (March 24th) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Smile-Hi Healing Laughter – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- NEW! Drop-in Improv Class – 4th Tuesdays (March 22nd) 11am-12pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Genealogy Genies – 3rd Thursdays, (March 15th) – 1:30-3pm
- Blood Pressure Screenings – 4th Thursdays, 11am-1pm – Free
- Booktalk –Thursday, March 24th from 10-11:30am – Book: I Am Malala
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
6363 W. 35th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033