Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – Mar. 2015
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of activities for the 50 and up crowd. Choose from numerous exercise classes and a variety of general interest classes, or hone your technical skills in one of our computer classes. We also have an excellent Trip Program and many wonderful Special Events held throughout the year. We are proud to be a SilverSneakers facility. Please feel free to stop in sometime or contact us for additional information.
St. Patrick’s Day Dinner
Join us for a delicious corned beef and cabbage dinner followed by a performance of traditional Irish Step Dancers on Tuesday, March 17th. Cost is $10, register early as this event sells out quickly! 303-205-7500
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “St. Vincent” will be shown Thurs. March 26th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
Computer and e-Classes
We offer a wide variety of computer classes, from Basic Computer to learning about your tablet or even your phone. Please call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule of upcoming computer classes.
- Android Tablet – 2 classes, March 18 & 20; cost is $40, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Email & Internet – 2 classes, March 24 & 26; cost is $40, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Even More iPad – 2 classes, Mar. 11 & 13; cost is $40, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Protecting Your ID and PC – 1 class, Mon. March 23; cost is $15, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Ongoing Pastel – new 6-week class is set to start on Monday, March 9th – $50 + $15 supply fee
- Pottery – New 8-week class begins Tuesday, March 10th – $61 + $10 supply fee
- Japanese Bunka – new 6-week class will begin on Thursday, March 19th – $29 + $ kit fee
- Charcoal Drawing – new 6-week class is set to start on Friday, Feb. 27th – $45 + $15 supply fee
- Handmade Greeting Cards – 1 class; Thursday, March 26th from 1-3pm – $10 + $10 supply fee
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula, Ballroom and Western Line Dance. New dance classes starting every month! Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
The Active Adult Center offers numerous daily drop-in classes, feel free to call for a complete schedule.
Below are additional exercise options. Please call 303-205-7500 to pre-register.
- Body Roller Exercise – new 6-week begins Friday, March 6th at 12noon; cost is $ 39 or $22 for SilverSneakers.
- R& R Yoga – new 6-week class begins Thursday, March 12th at 6pm; cost is $36 or $19 for SilverSneakers.
- Qi Gong – new 6-week class begins Wed, March 11th at 4:30pm; cost is $39 or $22 for SilverSneakers.
- Yoga – new 6-week class begins Wed, March 11th at 6pm; cost is $36 or $19 for SilverSneakers.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (March 17th) 1:30-2:30pm – free
- Write & Share – 3rd Tuesday (March 17th) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Healing Laughter – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Blood Pressure Screenings – 4th Thursdays, 11am-1pm – free
- Genealogy Genies – 3rd Thursdays (March 19th) 1:30-3pm
- Booktalk – Thursday, March 26th from 10-11:30am – Book: “Night of Rain and Stars”
- Computer Lab – Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12pm & 1:30-3:30pm (unless class is scheduled)
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm