Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – June 2014
To receive a complete listing of all of our wonderful programs, call us and we’ll mail you a copy of our “Possibilities” activities guide. All ages are welcome to participate in these programs. Please pre-register where necessary.
BBQ in the Park
Enjoy a hearty meal at Anderson Park in Wheat Ridge then after dinner, stay for the free Concert in the Park featuring the Rejuveniles – acoustic ’60’s rock & roll music. All this fun takes place on Wed. June 25th. Cost is $10, register by 6/20 by calling 303-205-7500.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “Philomena” will be shown Thurs. June 26th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
It’s hiking season! On June 9th we’re headed to Rocky Mountain Nat’l Park and on June 24th to Paint Mines. A $16 trip fee covers transportation and an escort/driver from the AAC. For a complete hiking schedule call 303-205-7500.
Aging Wisely – Keeping the Mind Sharp
Learn about the Brain Fitness program and other cognitive skill training programs. This informative class will be held on Tues. June 24th at 1:30pm, cost is $5- please pre-register by calling 303-205-7500.
Learn how to download books for free to your e-Reader! That’s right, free books, from the library! A staff member from the JeffCo Library will teach you how to download eBooks and audiobooks to your e-Reader or even to your computer. 1class. Wed. June 18th. Free, but pre-registration required! 303-205-7500.
- Intermediate iPad – 2 classes; Tues/Thurs June 10 & 12. Cost $30 – call to register
- Creative Photography – 4 classes, Tuesday evenings, June 3-24. Cost $50 – call to register.
- Digital Photography – 4 classes, Monday evenings, June 9-30. Cost $53 – call to register.
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One – get a 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $20/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – get a 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $20/hour
Please call 303-205-7500 to pre-register.
- Foam Roller Exercise – new 6-week class begins Friday, June 13th; cost is $39 or $22 for SilverSneakers.
- Evening Yoga – new 6-week class begins Wednesday, June 4th; cost is $36 or $19 for SilverSneakers.
- Qi Gong – new 6-week class begins Wednesday, June 4th; cost is $39 or $22 for SilverSneakers.
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Basic and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula and Ballroom Dance. Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
6363 W. 35th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033