Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – July 2016
Please pre-register where necessary.
Dinner and Concert in the Park
Enjoy a boxed dinner including Bratwurst and other goodies as you enjoy the free concert in the park by The Average German Band at Anderson Park in Wheat Ridge on Wed., July 13th, cost is $10 for the dinner. Call 303-205-7500 to register.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “The Martian” will be shown on Thurs. July 28th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
It’s Hiking Season
Get out and enjoy Colorful Colorado, each trip cost is $18 and includes transportation and a group escort.
July hikes include an easy/moderate hike in the Garden of the Gods on Thursday, July 14th followed by another moderate to difficult hike on July 28th to the Lake Trek Trail in RMNP. Call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule and/or to register.
Wheat Ridge Garden Tour
Enjoy the beauty of numerous gardens scattered throughout Wheat Ridge! Get your ticket and map on Saturday, July 9th starting at 8:30am at Pietra’s Pizza, 9045 W. 44th Avenue; ticket price is $15 (includes lunch).
Confused about your computer, phone or tablet? Makan Tabrizi is our gadget guru and can help get you up to speed. Call 303-205-7500 to schedule a One-on-One tutoring session with him.
Camera, Phone or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $30/hour
Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $30/hour
Couples Ballroom Dance
This 4-week class focuses on Swing and Jitterbug; sign up as a couple or a single. Classes held 4 Fridays in July Cost is $25 pp or $11 pp for Wheat Ridge SilverSneaker¨ cardholders; call 303-205-7500 to register.
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula, Ballroom, Zumba and Western Line Dancing. Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
Functional Fitness and TRX
Meet up for this basic introduction on the use of Functional Fitness and the TRX Body Suspension Trainer. The objective of this hands-on course is to familiarize you with the safe use of the TRX straps, proper form, basic moves and how they relate to functional fitness. Class will be held on Wed., July 27th, cost is $9, call 303-205-7500.
- Pottery – new 6-week class starts Tuesday, July 19th from 1-3pm; $50 + $15 supply fee
- Cards with Karen – 1 class, Saturday, July 16th from 10am-12noon; $10 + $10 supply fee
- Just Drawing – new 6-week class starts Friday, July 22nd from; $45 + $15 supply fee
- Beginning Watercolor – new 6-week class starts Friday, July 22nd from 1-3pm; $50
Call 303-205-7500 for more info or to register.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (Drop-in fees $2 unless otherwise noted)
- Duplicate Bridge – Every Monday 12-3:45pm, bring a partner (fee $2.50 ea.)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (July 19th) 1:30-2:30pm – Free
- Write & Share – 4th Tuesdays (July 26th) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Smile-Hi Healing Laughter – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- NEW! Drop-in Improv Class – 4th Tuesdays, 11am-12pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Genealogy Genies –Will resume meetings in September
- Blood Pressure Screenings – 4th Thursdays, 11am-1pm – Free
- Booktalk –Thursday, July 28th from 10-11:30am – Make selections for next year
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
6363 W. 35th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033