Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – July 2015
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of activities for the 50 and up crowd. Choose from numerous exercise classes and a variety of general interest classes, or hone your technical skills in one of our computer classes. We also have an excellent Trip Program and many wonderful Special Events held throughout the year. We are proud to be a SilverSneakers facility. Please feel free to stop in sometime or contact us for additional information.
To receive a complete listing of all of our wonderful programs, call us and we’ll mail you a copy of our ÒPossibilities” activities guide. All ages are welcome to participate in these programs. Please pre-register where necessary.
Free Concerts in the Park
Bring your blanket or lawn chair and come enjoy the free summer concert series at Anderson Park at 44th and Field in Wheat Ridge. These free concerts are held at 6:30pm on Wednesdays. July 1st-Raising Cain; July 8th-Dixieland Jazz; July 15th-Dutch Hop Music Makers; July 22nd-Skean Dubh; July 29th-Phat Daddy. We’ll be serving a Rueben Sandwich meal before the Skean Dubh concert on July 22nd, if you would like to have a meal, call 303-205-7500 to reserve your spot, cost for the meal before the concert is $10.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! ÒThe Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” will be shown on Thurs. July 23rd at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
Myths of Hospice Care
Learn what hospice IS and ISN’T in this one-hour class to be held on Tuesday, July 28th, cost is $5 or free to Wheat Ridge SilverSneaker cardholders; call 303-205-7500 to register.
Evening Fitness Options
- Qi Gong – new 6-week class will begin on Wed. July 15th, 4:30-5:30pm; cost is $39, discount for Wheat Ridge SilverSneaker cardholders. Call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Yoga – new 6-week class will begin on Wed. July 15th, 6-7pm; cost is $36, discount for Wheat Ridge SilverSneaker cardholders. Call 303-205-7500 to register.
Computer and e-Classes
We offer a wide variety of computer classes from basic info to learning about your tablet or even your phone. Please call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule of upcoming classes being offered.
- Kindle Fire – 2 classes, July 13th & 15th; cost is $40, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Greeting Cards with Karen – 1 class; Saturday, July 18th; $10 + $10 supply fee
- Pottery – 5 classes, new session starts Tuesday, July 21st; $40 + $10 supply fee
- Free Drawing Class – 1 class; Friday, July 31st – Pre-registration required.
Call 303-205-7500 for more info or to register.
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula, Ballroom, Zumba and Western Line Dance. Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Duplicate Bridge – Every Monday 12-3:30pm, bring a partner (fee $2.50 ea.)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (July 21st) 1:30-2:30pm – Free
- Write & Share – 3rd Tuesday (July 21st) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Smile-Hi Healing Laughter – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Blood Pressure Screenings – 4th Thursdays, 11am-1pm – Free
- Genealogy Genies – 3rd Thursdays (July 16th) 1:30-3pm
- Booktalk – Thursday, July 23rd from 10-11:30am – Book selection for upcoming year
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm
- Computer Lab – Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12pm & 1:30-3:30pm (unless class is scheduled)