Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – July 2014
To receive a complete listing of all of our wonderful programs, call us and we’ll mail you a copy of our “Possibilities” activities guide. All ages are welcome to participate in these programs. Please pre-register where necessary.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “Saving Mr. Banks” will be shown Thurs. July 24th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
Lunch and a Movie
Beat the afternoon heat while enjoying a refreshing lunch, then stay for the free monthly movie. Lunch starts at 12noon on Thursday, July 24th followed by the movie “Saving Mr. Banks” at 1pm. Cost for lunch is $6, call 303-205-7500 to register.
It’s hiking season! On July 31st we’re headed to Staunton State Park for a hike in Colorado’s newest State Park. A $16 trip fee covers transportation and an escort/driver from the AAC. For a complete hiking schedule call 303-205-7500.
Aging Wisely – Memory Loss, Dementia & Alzheimer’s
If you know someone affected with memory issues, it’s time to learn the facts. This class will be held on Tues. July 29th at 1:30pm, cost is $5- please pre-register by calling 303-205-7500.
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $20/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $20/hour
Readers Theatre Troupe
Like to act, but don’t like to memorize? Give Readers Theatre a try! New 6-week class begins on Wed. July 9th,
11am-12noon. Cost is $17, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Handmade Cards with Karen – 1 class; Thursday, July 10th from 1-3pm – $10 + $10 supply fee
- Jewelry with Karen – 1 class; Thursday, July 24th from 1-3pm – $10 + supply fees $10 – $20
- Coffee & Canvas – 1 class; Monday, July 7th from 10am-12noon – $25
- Pottery – new 6-week class starts Tuesday, July 22nd – $41 + $10 supply fee
- You Can See It-You Can Draw It – new 6-week class starts Friday, July 25th – $45 + $15 supply fee
Please call 303-205-7500 to pre-register.
- R & R Yoga – new 6-week class begins Thursday, July 10th; cost is $36 or $19 for SilverSneakers.
- Evening Yoga – new 6-week class begins Wednesday, July 16th; cost is $36 or $19 for SilverSneakers.
- Qi Gong – new 6-week class begins Wednesday, July 16th; cost is $39 or $22 for SilverSneakers.
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Basic and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula and Ballroom Dance. Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (July 15th) 1:30-2:30pm – free
- Write & Share -Tuesday (July 8th) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Laughter Yoga – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Genealogy Genies – will return in September
- Booktalk -No meeting in July
- Computer Lab – Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12pm & 1:30-3:30pm (unless class is scheduled)
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12pm to 3:30pm
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
6363 W. 35th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033