Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – Feb. 2014
To receive a complete listing of all of our wonderful programs, call us and we’ll mail you a copy of our “Possibilities” activities guide. All ages are welcome to participate in these programs. Please pre-register where necessary.
Cowgirl Tea with Liz Masterson
Wear your boots and your cowboy hat for this afternoon of fun. You’ll enjoy a delicious array of treats while being serenaded by the delightful Liz Masterson. This fun event will be held on Tuesday, February 11th, cost is $8 – call 303-205-7500 to register.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “Safe Haven” will be shown Thurs. February 27th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
Skiing and Snowshoeing Trips
Join the Wheat Ridge Seniors for some outdoor winter fun. Call 303-205-7500 for more information or to have a copy of the “Snow News is Good News” schedule mailed to you.
Aging Wisely – Managing Pain
This informative class will be held on Tues. Feb. 25th at 1:30pm, cost is $5- please pre-register by calling 303-205-7500.
- Photoshop Elements – 4 Wednesdays, Feb. 5, 12, 19 & 26 – $50 – call 303-205-7500 to register
- Advanced Windows – 4 Tuesdays, Feb. 18 – Mar. 11 – $50 – call 303-205-7500 to register
- Email & Internet – 2 classes Tuesdays, Feb. 4 & 11 – $30 – call 303-205-7500 to register
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One – get a 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $20/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – get a 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $20/hour
- Handmade Cards with Karen – 1 class; Monday, Feb. 3rd from 12:30-2:30pm – $10 + $10 supply fee
- You Can See It-You Can Draw It – 6 classes; Fri., Feb. 21-Mar. 28 from 9:30-11:30am -$45 + $15 supply fee
- Pastel II – 6 classes; Fridays, Feb. 21-Mar. 28 from 1-3pm -$50 + $25 supply fee
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Basic and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula and Ballroom Dance. Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
Dance Your Way to Fitness!
- Beginning Zumba – Drop-in Sun. at 1pm & Mon. at 11am. Cost $3.50 or free to Wheat Ridge SilverSneakers®
- Line Dance Beginning – Drop-in every Wed. from 2 – 3pm – $3.50 or free to Wheat Ridge SilverSneakers®
- Line Dance Intermed. – Drop-in every Monday from 2 – 3pm – $3.50 or free to Wheat Ridge SilverSneakers®
- Ballroom Blast – Drop-in every Friday from 11am – 12pm – $3.50 or free to Wheat Ridge SilverSneakers®
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (Feb.18th) 1:30-2:30pm – free
- Write & Share – 3rd Tuesdays (Feb. 18th) 2-3:30pm
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Laughter Yoga – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Genealogy Genies – 3rd Thursdays (Feb. 20th) – 1:30-3pm
- Booktalk –Thursday, Feb. 27th – 10-11:30am – Book: “The Sheen of Silk”
- Computer Lab – Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12pm & 1:30-3:30pm
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
6363 W. 35th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033