Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center –Aug. 2015
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of activities for the 50 and up crowd. Choose from numerous exercise classes and a variety of general interest classes, or hone your technical skills in one of our computer classes. We also have an excellent Trip Program and many wonderful Special Events held throughout the year. We are proud to be a SilverSneakers facility. Please feel free to stop in sometime or contact us for additional information.
To receive a complete listing of all of our wonderful programs, call us and we’ll mail you a copy of our “Possibilities” activities guide. All ages are welcome to participate in these programs. Please pre-register where necessary.
46th Annual Carnation Festival
Carnival Rides, Midway Games, Live Music and more will be held at Anderson Park at 44th and Field on Friday, Aug. 14th from 4-11pm and on Saturday, Aug. 15th from noon-11pm. Fireworks at dark both nights – come join the fun and festivities! Stop’ buy’ the AAC Cookie booth for some delicious home-baked cookies and brownies!
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “The Longest Ride” will be shown on Thurs. August 27th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
The Active Adult Center will be closed for Facility Maintenance August 20th – 25th. Patrons are encouraged to use the WR Recreation Center during the closure.
Computer and e-Classes
We offer a wide variety of computer classes from basic info to learning about your tablet or even your phone. Please call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule of upcoming classes being offered.
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Falling Leaves Workshop – 1 class, Friday, August 7th – 1-3pm; $15 + $10 supply fee
- Mask Workshop – 1 class, Friday, August 14th – 1-3pm; $15 + $10 supply fee
- Greeting Cards with Karen – 1 class; Saturday, August 15th – 9-11; $10 + $10 supply fee
Call 303-205-7500 for more info or to register.
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula, Ballroom, Zumba and Western Line Dance. Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
Couples Ballroom: Mambo – Fridays, Aug. 7, 14, 21 & 28 from 12:15-1:15pm; $25 per person or $6 for SilverSneaker cardholders.
- Tap Dance – Beginners – new 6-week session begins Friday, August 7th; $26 or $6 for SilverSneaker cardholders.
- Tap Dance – Intermed. – new 6-week session begins Wed., August 5th; $26 or $6 for SilverSneaker cardholders.
- Tap Dance – Advanced – new 6-week session begins Wed, August 5th; $26 or $6 for SilverSneaker cardholders.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Duplicate Bridge – Every Monday 12-3:30pm, bring a partner (fee $2.50 ea.)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (August 18th) 1:30-2:30pm – Free
- Write & Share – 3rd Tuesday (August 18th) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Smile-Hi Healing Laughter – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Blood Pressure Screenings – 4th Thursdays, 11am-1pm – Free
- Genealogy Genies – No meeting in August
- Booktalk – No meeting in August
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm
- Computer Lab – Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12pm & 1:30-3:30pm (unless class is scheduled)