Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – April 2016
Please pre-register where necessary.
Awaken your senses with this spring performance of modern dance by dancers from the Hannah Kahn Dance Company. We will tantalize your taste buds with a spring inspired lunch prior to their performance on Friday, April 8th; cost is $8, call 303-205-7500 to register.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “The Intern” will be shown on Thurs. April 28th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
Skiing & Snowshoe Outings
Our last outings for the season are scheduled for Monday April 4th, as we head to Copper Mtn. for downhill skiing or Keystone for some Nordic fun and Thursday, April 14th where we’ll wrap up the season at Winter Park and Grand Lake Nordic Center. Cost is $18 per trip and includes transportation and a driver/escort. Call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule and to register.
Computer and Technology
We offer a wide variety of computer classes from basic info to learning about your tablet or even your phone. Please call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule of upcoming classes being offered.
- Camera, Phone or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $30/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $30/hour
- Advanced iPad – 2 classes, April 25 & 27, cost $40, bring your iPad to class
Functional Fitness and TRX
Meet up for this basic introduction on the use of Functional Fitness and the TRX Body Suspension Trainer. The objective of this hands-on course is to familiarize you with the safe use of the TRX straps, proper form, basic moves and how they relate to functional fitness. Class will be held on Wed., April 27th, cost is $9, call 303-205-7500.
Write Your Own Will
In a single sitting you will complete a simple will, a living will, medical power of attorney, financial power of attorney and more all with the help of a licensed attorney. Fee includes all materials, witnessing, notarizing, individual review and time for questions. You don’t need to bring anything special to this class; however, you may want to bring a snack as this class goes through the lunch hour. This workshop will be held on Sat. April 9th – cost is $125pp, call 303-205-7500 to register.
Couples Ballroom Dance
This 4-week class focuses on the Foxtrot; sign up as a couple or a single. Classes held April 1, 8, 15 & 22 – cost is $25 pp or $11 pp for Wheat Ridge SilverSneaker¨ cardholders; call 303-205-7500 to register.
Belly Dance as Exercise
New 6-week class to begin on Thurs. April 7th, cost is $26 or free to Wheat Ridge SilverSneaker¨ cardholders; call 303-205-7500 to register.
Evening Fitness Classes
- Qi Gong – new 6-week class will begin on Wed. April 20th, 4:30-5:30pm; cost is $39, discount for Wheat Ridge SilverSneaker cardholders. Call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Yoga – new 6-week class will begin on Wed. April 20th, 6-7pm; cost is $36, discount for Wheat Ridge SilverSneaker cardholders. Call 303-205-7500 to register.
Succulent Garden Dish Class
Bring a shallow container to class and leave with a beautiful and colorful succulent garden! This hands-on class will be held on Wednesday, April 13th; $16, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Just Drawing – new 6-week class starts April 15th from 9:30-11:30am; $45 + $15 supply fee
- Continuing Pastel – new 6-week class starts Monday, April 25th from 1-3pm; $50
- Japanese Bunka – new 6-week class begins April 28th – 1-3pm; $29 + kit fee
Call 303-205-7500 for more info or to register.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Duplicate Bridge – Every Monday 12-3:45pm, bring a partner (fee $2.50 ea.)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (April 19th) 1:30-2:30pm – Free
- Write & Share – 4th Tuesdays (April 26th) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Smile-Hi Healing Laughter – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- NEW! Drop-in Improv Class – 4th Tuesdays, 11am-12pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Genealogy Genies – 3rd Thursdays, (April 21st) – 1:30-3pm
- Blood Pressure Screenings – 4th Thursdays, 11am-1pm – Free
- Booktalk –Thursday, April 28th from 10-11:30am – Book: The Boys in the Boat
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
6363 W. 35th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033