Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center – April 2015
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of activities for the 50 and up crowd. Choose from numerous exercise classes and a variety of general interest classes, or hone your technical skills in one of our computer classes. We also have an excellent Trip Program and many wonderful Special Events held throughout the year. We are proud to be a SilverSneakers facility. Please feel free to stop in sometime or contact us for additional information.
Step back in time with an enjoyable look at the past. “Just Passing Through” a program presented by Denis Gessing along with a delightful lunch will be held on Thursday, April 23rd. Cost is $8, call 303-205-7500 to get signed up.
Sit back, relax and enjoy our free monthly movie! “Unbroken” will be shown Thurs. April 30th at 1pm. No RSVP needed, just show up!
Take a Hike!
The weather is warming up and it’s time to get out and enjoy the beauty of hiking in this great state of ours!
The first hike of the season will be a Mystery Hike on Wednesday, April 29th; cost is $18, call 303-205-7500 to register and to get a complete list of all of our upcoming hikes.
Fairy Garden Class
Make your own miniature plantscape (Fairy Garden)! Just bring your own planter or pot and we’ll supply the rest! Feel free to bring any miniature items you would like to add to your garden. This class will be held on Wed. April 22nd, cost is $20, call 303-205-7500 to register.
Computer and e-Classes
We offer a wide variety of computer classes, from Basic Computer to learning about your tablet or even your phone. Please call 303-205-7500 for a complete schedule of upcoming computer classes.
Window 8 and Above (BYO Laptop) – 2 classes, April 8 & 10; cost is $40, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Learn to use your iPad – 2 classes, April 14 & 16; cost is $40, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Intermediate iPad – 2 classes, Apr. 27 & 29; cost is $40, call 303-205-7500 to register.
- Camera or Tablet One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Computer Tutoring One-on-One – receive a private 1-hour tutoring session, call to schedule – $25/hour
- Beginning Pastel – this 6-week class begins on Monday, April 17th – $50 + $30 supply fee
- Charcoal Drawing – new 6-week class is set to start on Friday, April 17th – $45 + $15 supply fee
- Handmade Greeting Cards – 1 class; Thursday, April 23rd from 1-3pm – $10 + $10 supply fee
- Ongoing Pastel – new 6-week class is set to start on Monday, April 27th – $50 + $15 supply fee
- Japanese Bunka – new 6-week class will begin on Thursday, April 30th – $29 + $ kit fee
Dance, Dance, Dance
The Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center offers a wide variety of ongoing dance classes to include: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Tap; Belly Dancing, Hula, Ballroom and Western Line Dance. New dance classes starting every month! Call 303-205-7500 for more information.
The Active Adult Center offers numerous daily drop-in fitness classes, feel free to call for a complete schedule. Below are additional fitness options. Please call 303-205-7500 to pre-register.
- Qi Gong – new 6-week class begins Wed, April 22nd at 4:30pm; cost is $39 or $22 for SilverSneakers.
- Yoga – new 6-week class begins Wed, April 22nd at 6pm; cost is $36 or $19 for SilverSneakers.
- R& R Yoga – new 6-week class begins Thursday, April 23rd at 6pm; cost is $36 or $19 for SilverSneakers.
- Body Roller Exercise – new 6-week begins Friday, April 24th at 12noon; cost is $ 39 or $22 for SilverSneakers.
Special Interest Drop-In Groups (drop-in fee $2)
- Low Vision Support Group – 3rd Tuesdays (April 21st) 1:30-2:30pm – free
- Write & Share – 3rd Tuesday (April 21st) 2-3:30pm
- Krafty Needles, Knit & Crochet Group – Every Tuesday 9:30-11am
- Social Bridge – Every Tuesday, 12:40-3:45pm
- Healing Laughter – Every Tuesday, 12:15-1:15pm
- Silversmith Lab – Every Wednesday, 9-12noon
- Woodcarvers Guild – Every Wednesday, 1-3:30pm
- Genealogy Genies – 3rd Thursdays (April 16th) 1:30-3pm
- Booktalk – Thursday, April 23rd from 10-11:30am – Book: “True Sisters”
- Computer Lab – Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12pm & 1:30-3:30pm (unless class is scheduled)
- Pinochle – Every Friday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
6363 W. 35th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033