Veterans & VA Eligibility
The VA provides excellent service to many Veterans, but 60% of Veterans are not in the VA System. Many do not qualify because of income, they don’t have a service-related disability, or because of the time period they served.
Financial Disclosure does not apply to:
- A Former Prisoner of War
- A Purple Heart recipient
- A recently discharge Combat Veteran
- Individuals discharged for a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty
- Those receiving VA Service Connected disability Compensation
- Those receiving VA Pension
- Served in a Theater of Operations for 5 years post discharge
- Those in receipt of Medicaid Benefits
- Those who served in Vietnam between January 9, 1962 and May 7, 1975
- Those who served in SW Asia during the Persian Gulf War between Aug. 2, 1990 and Nov 11, 1998
- Those who served at least 30 days at Camp Lejeune between Aug. 1, 1953 an Dec. 31, 1987
Veterans with a service-related disability still need to report income for copay status but will be covered under VA Healthcare.
Qualified Listeners is one of the most active Veteran support organizations in Northern Colorado and SE Wyoming. Our job is to assist with the needs of Veterans and their families. If you know a Veteran with questions on VA eligibility or paperwork, ask them to call us at 720-600-0860 or email Resource@qualifiedlisteners.org, and we’ll put them in touch with a Veteran Service Officer.