Veterans Day is November 11th
We are Qualified Listeners, a Veteran & Family Resource Hub based in Colorado, and oftentimes get asked how others honor Veterans on Veterans Day. Since we live and breathe Veterans every day, we wanted to put together a list of ideas if you want to be a part of supporting Veterans on Veterans Day:
- Contact your local VFW, American Legion, or other Veteran organizations to see if they have a Veteran’s Day event planned and volunteer your help
- Take a Veteran to lunch
- Bring a nourishing meal into a Veteran’s home
- Invite a Veteran to your home for dinner
- Arrange a neighborhood Potluck dinner for a Veteran family
- Schedule a time to visit a Veteran in person either at their home, nursing home, or other care facilities
- Phone a Veteran to let them know they’re not forgotten
- Send a “thinking of you” card or letter
- Don’t forget there are women Veterans, too.
- Above all, be sure to thank them for their service
You don’t have to wait until Veterans Day to do any of the above.
If you know of a Veteran in need, whether it’s Veterans Day or any other day, please call us at 720-600-0860 or visit www.QualifiedListeners.org. Our job is to listen and assist.