Veteran Service Officers

Veterans and their dependents are potentially eligible for benefits, eligibility will be determined during an intake interview.  The Veteran Service Officer (VSO) will serve as your advocate to assist you with the preparation, presentation and possible appeal of your VA benefits.  You will need the following documents; the VSO can assist in obtaining these if necessary.

  • Discharge or separation papers (DD214 or equivalent)
  • Service Treatment Records if they are in your possession
  • Medical Evidence (doctor & hospital reports)

When you need assistance in getting the benefits as a Veteran you should utilize the assistance of a VSO.  They are trained and accredited by the VA to aid Veterans, their dependents, and survivors.  These services are provided at no charge:

  • VA Enrollment/Reinstatement
  • Filing Claims
  • Service-connected Compensation
  • Non-Service-connected Pension
  • Death Pension
  • Medical Benefits
  • Education
  • Home Loans
  • Military Records, Awards or Medals
  • Insurance
  • Burial Benefits
  • Headstones
  • Survivors Benefits

You do not have to fill out VA forms yourself.  It’s the job of the VSO to do this for you.

While their offices are currently closed until the coronavirus COVID-19 mandate is lifted, they will continue to work for you every day.

Weld County              970-400-3444

Larimer County         970-498-7390

Boulder County         720-864-6663

Broomfield County   720-887-2263

Morgan County         970-542-3552

Logan County           970-520-5876

Wyoming – Laramie & Platte Counties                              307-274-7747

Wyoming – Laramie & Goshen Counties                          307-256-1778

Wyoming – Natrona, Converse & Niobrara Counties       307-258-1100

Wyoming – Albany & Carbon Counties                             307-399-1821

VSOs may also be a resource for services other than what the VA provides, such as home care, transportation, substance abuse, housing, etc.  For those needs you can also pick up a Veteran & Family Resource Directory provided by Qualified Listeners or call 720-600-0860.

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/ on line 499