Subsidized Housing Pre-Application List May 2 Through May 11
The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver hereby gives notice that effective Monday, May 2, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. through 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, May 11, 2022, pre- applications for the Subsidized Housing program will be accepted online only for the following subsidized housing properties: Public Housing/Multifamily general waitlist, Tapiz at Mariposa/Mariposa VII, Thomas Bean Towers and VIDA at Sloans Lake.
The lists will be open for the following categories:
- Family(a): A family with children (the temporary, 90 days or less, absence of a child from the placement in foster care shall not be considered in determining family composition and family size; furthermore, proof of guardianship must be provided). (i) Two or more persons sharing residency, with at least one person who is eighteen (18) years of age and whose income and resources are available to meet the family’s needs and who are either related by blood, marriage or operation of law, or who evidenced a stable family relationship over a period of six (6) months.
- Disabled Family: A family whose head, spouse, or sole member is a person with disabilities, or two or more persons with disabilities living together, or one or more persons with disabilities living with one or more Live-in-Aides.
- Non-Elderly Disabled Persons: A person with a disability who is less than 62 years of age.
- Elderly Family: A family whose head, spouse, or sole member is a person who is at least 62 years of age; or two or more persons who are at least 62 years of age living together; or one or more persons who are at least 62 years of age living with one or more Live-In-Aides.
- Elderly Persons: A person who is at least 62 years of age.
NOTE: PRE-APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ONLINE.
All pre-application entries MUST be submitted online through the internet. DHA’s 1035 Osage Street office will not be open for entries.
TO APPLY FOR THE SUBSIDIZED HOUSING PROGRAM:
Subsidized Housing pre-application entries must be submitted online (through the internet) by using ANY computer or smartphone that has Internet access by going to DHA’s website at www.denverhousing.org.
DHA-pre-application data entry assistance will be available in person at 1401 Mariposa St. from May 2, 2022 to May 11, 2022 between the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Saturday and Sunday are excluded. No additional data entry assistance will be available once the pre-application acceptance timeframe has closed. For data entry assistance you may call 720-932-3021.
You will be required to enter your Social Security Number for the Head of Household and Co-Head of Household/Spouse as well as total Household income and Income type that includes all members of your household.
ONLY ONE COMPUTER ENTRY can be submitted per household. Multiple entries will not be accepted. All required fields must be completed. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. Print your pre-application Confirmation page, or if you are unable to print please keep your pre-application number for your files. You will need this number for future reference. After submitting your pre-application, you are required to report any change of address in writing to DHA’s Housing Management Division’s Occupancy & Admissions Department located at 1401 Mariposa St. Denver, CO 80204. You must include your name, social security number, pre-application number and correct address in this notification.
Subsidized Housing pre-applications will continue to NOT be available for:
- Single Person. A person who lives alone or intends to live alone, who is not an elderly person, a person with disabilities, a displaced person or the remaining member of a tenant family.
- Family (b) A family without children.
(i) Two or more persons sharing residency, who are eighteen (18) years of age and
whose income and resources are available to meet the family’s needs and who are either related by blood, marriage or operation of law, or who evidenced a stable family relationship over a period of six (6) months.
- Denver Housing Authority Tenant Remaining family member. The remaining member of a tenant family who meets all other eligibility criteria.
- A Displaced Family A family in which each member or whose sole member, is a person displaced by governmental action or a person whose dwelling had been extensively damaged or destroyed as a result of a disaster declared or otherwise formally recognized pursuant to Federal disaster relief laws.
- Near Elderly Family Near elderly family means a family whose head, spouse or sole member is a person who is at least 50 years of age but below the age of 62 years; or two or more persons, who are at least 50 years of age but below the age of 62 years, living together, or one or more persons who are at least 50 years of age but below the age of 62 years living with one or more Live-In-Aides.
Subsidized Housing pre-applications will no longer be accepted for any applicants after May 11, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
For general questions, please call 720-932-3021.
The Denver Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, sexual orientation, familial status or national origin in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its federally assisted programs or activities.