South Suburban Parks and Recreation – Oct. 2018
- Thursday Lunch – enjoy a homemade meal every Thursday at the Buck Recreation Center. Make reservations by the Tuesday prior at 303-730-4605. Doors open at 11:30, meal is served at 12. SSPRD Residents $6.50 / Non-residents $7.50.
Special celebrations: October 4 – Birthday Celebration, followed by a free presentation by Dr. Zagiba from Discover Health and Wellness – “Are You Toxic?”
October 25 – Halloween Luncheon, followed by entertainment from “The Harmonicats” of Greenwood Village.
- “Medicare 101 Plus Changes” Thursday, October 11 –presentation by Allen McGirl, McGirl Insurance. Buck Recreation Center @ 1:30 PM. Free, and no need to register.
- “Collector’s Roadshow” Friday, October 19 –Buck Recreation Center 1-3 PM. Have you ever wondered what that collectible item that was passed down from generation to generation or that you found at a garage sale is worth? Have it evaluated b Larry Gustafson, antique expert (3 items max per person, $5 per item.) Free to attend! Sponsored in part by Next Chapter, Inc.
- “Planning for Aging Lunch and Learn” Wednesday, October 24 –Buck Recreation Center 11:15 – 1 PM. Free, but participants need to register, class #7055910. Do you have a plan for aging? Many seniors have experienced a change in their life and need to begin planning for their future. Most people don’t know where to start the planning process. Join Becky Deter from Senior Path for this informative session that provides tips and insights that we all need, no matter what stage of life we are in to plan for our future.
SAVE THE DATE!
- Saturday, November 10 from 9-11:30 at the Buck Recreation Center – The Brilliant Life Expo! Free event including continental breakfast, two inspiring speakers (Cade Reade and Paula Stephens) and great resources that exist to help you live your life to the fullest.
Cookies and Company – Wednesday, October 17 at 2-4 PM at The Lone Tree Hub. Enjoy a casual afternoon to enjoy conversation, work on puzzles, and play assorted games.
Coffee and Chat – Tuesday, October 30 at 11:30 at the Lone Tree Recreation Center. “Rising Up From Our Grief” by Nannette Okoren, Grief Recovery Specialist and volunteer chaplain.