Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
Retirees Can Still Make a Difference -Volunteer with Adams/E. Arapahoe RSVP
~ By Tom Rapp, Director Adams/E. Arapahoe RSVP at Senior Hub, Inc. ~
Adams/E. Arapahoe RSVP finds volunteering for those 55 and up in Adams County, and Arapahoe County east of I-25. Sponsors: Corp. for National and Community Service and The Senior Hub, Inc. Contact Tom Rapp 303-955-6609 or firstname.lastname@example.org., about these and other opportunities.
Senior Tax Preparation Volunteers: The Volunteers In Tax Assistance Program (VITA) for Adams County will need many volunteers for the upcoming income tax preparation season. Training is about to take place, so please call Tom immediately for contact information.
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Adams and Broomfield Counties works to make sure children who can’t live safely at home have a caring volunteer to fight for their right to be safe, be treated with dignity, and have safe passage from foster care. Contact RSVP for more information.
Arapahoe County Human Services Volunteering: Several potential opportunities in the Aurora and Centennial areas: On-Call Respite Volunteer; Foster Family Respite and Support Assistance; Parenting Time Program Assistance; Kidz Night Out; Information Ambassador; Clerical Assistant. Call Tom at 303-955-6609 for more information and organization contacts.
Help in Adams County schools in either our general elementary program, or in our Schools Where All Thrive Tutor/Mentor Program (SWAT) which works with 2nd and 3rd grade students behind in reading. If you love younger kids and have 2 hours a week to donate come join us. We’ll have SWAT training again soon, so call Ron Ausmus at 303.993.3062 or email@example.com about SWAT. Or to learn about the general elementary program call Tom. Our young kids need you!
Military Veterans Health and Help Squads: This program is for military vets and/or their spouses who are 55 or older. Squads visit by phone, help with activities, share meals and attend events together. Some help at the Colorado Veterans Home, or help other veterans and military families in the community. Tell your friends who are veterans and come join the fun. Call Tom now.
Senior Peer Counseling Program: Through the Community Reach Center (CRC), the peer counseling program will train senior peer counselors to assist senior clients of CRC who don’t require services from a trained clinician. Call RSVP for information.
Junior Golf Coaching Volunteers: TGA Premier Junior Golf needs part-time coaches to work with kids 6-10 years old. Transportation is required. Training is provided, so prior experience isn’t needed. Contact Tom for further information.
- RSVP Disaster Prep Team needs places to present on being prepared for disasters. They also need speakers for their speaking team.
- Meals on Wheels (MOW): Senior Hub (MOW), Aurora MOW and Brighton MOW need drivers for new or vacant routes.
- Senior Hub Adult Day service in Northglenn needs someone to pick up meals where they’re cooked and bring them to ADS. Help is also needed at meals and with daily activities.
- Recycling events.
- Food bank help.
- Congregate meal servers.
- Serving in hospitals or senior centers.
- Serving on boards/committees.
- Miscellaneous Short-term opportunities.
- Yarn Needed: 4-ply, non-wool yarn for our volunteers who make lap robes for nursing homes, homeless shelters, and military veterans. More knitters are welcome too. Call Tom.