Over-the-Phone Benefits Reviews for Rocky Flats Retirees
Arvada, CO – Those who worked at the Rocky Flats plant in the 1950’s, 60’s, 70’s and 80’s may be eligible for no-cost medical benefits and financial compensation through the Department of Labor’s Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA). Many of these retirees have developed chronic illnesses and various cancers as a result of their workplace exposure at Rocky Flats.
Nuclear Care Partners’ local EEOICPA Benefits Specialist, Lori Shanks, is teaming up with Independent Advocate for Nuclear Workers, Elizabeth Brooks, to provide free over-the-phone appointments with Rocky Flats retirees to answer their benefits questions.
Lori and Elizabeth can help answer any of the following EEOICPA benefits questions and more:
- What is the EEOICPA?
- Do I qualify for benefits?
- How do I file a claim?
- I was denied, how can I refile for benefits?
- I have my white card, how do I add a consequential illness?
- What is an impairment rating and how do I file for impairment?
- How do I register my White Card into the new online billing portal?
- What can I use my White Card for?
The DOL White Medical Benefits Card can cover costs associated with the approved illnesses including:
- Doctor’s Visits & Copays
- Medical Treatments
- Prescribed Medications
- In-Home Health Care
- Durable Medical Equipment (wheelchairs, walkers, etc.)
- Travel for Medical Treatments & Much More!
These free over-the-phone appointments with the EEOICPA experts are available throughout the entire month of July. To schedule an appointment, former Rocky Flats workers can call 303-214-4307.