Free Diabetes Prevention Program Begins Jan. 26 in Golden
If you have pre-diabetes or other risk factors for type 2 diabetes, it’s time to take charge of your health. A free Diabetes Prevention Program class will be held on Tuesdays from Jan. 26-Feb. 2 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at St. Anthony’s Golden Neighborhood Health Center, 750 Warner Drive in Golden. The National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), utilizes lifestyle change intervention to reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- The diabetes program includes:
- A CDC-approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants who have shared goal
- 16 weekly sessions
- 6 monthly follow-up sessions to help you maintain healthy lifestyle changes — and fun
COAW is a nonprofit organization that provides health and wellness leader trainings, community health classes and falls prevention screenings to assist individuals and communities in achieving better health.
For more information and to register, contact Joni Saunders at COAW, 303-984-1845, or email email@example.com. For more information on the programs, visit www.coaw.org.