Free Annual Aging Conference Revived for 2021
DENVER, CO – Kavod Senior Life (Kavod) will be hosting its 7th annual conference in June to reach older adults with resources, expertise, and advice on aging well.
Called “L’Chaim2Life,” the event will be delivered virtually this year, parsed out over various days during the month via Zoom. The event is a pivot from prior years’ format of a one-day event with 27 breakout sessions, lunch and a resource fair.
This year Kavod will bring in nine+ experts for workshops that cover a range of topics, including spirituality, consumer protection, and physical, mental, and emotional wellness.
There will also be a keynote speaker, Rabbi Tirzah Firestone, Ph.D., an analytical psychotherapist, author, and Jewish Renewal rabbi. She will present the last workshop on Healing the Wounds of the Past and Present: How to Live in an Uncertain World with Resilience & Joy.
ANB Bank is the title sponsor for the event. Presenting Partners for the event include Temple Emanuel, JEWISHcolorado, Shalom Park, Hebrew Educational Alliance, and B’nai B’rith Colorado.
“It has been such a blessing to see so many boomers, seniors, family members and caregivers come to this free event for so many years,” says Rabbi Stephen Booth-Nadav, Chaplain for Kavod Senior Life and event committee member. “They always leave renewed and enriched with new resources and ideas for living and aging well.”
Pre-registration is encouraged. Individuals who RSVP by Monday, May 24 will receive a free insulated lunch bag and partner resources.
The dates, times and topics of the nine workshops are as follows:
- Workshop 1: Getting Good at Getting Older with Rabbi Laura Geller on Wednesday, June 2 at 1:00 p.m.
- Workshop 2: You Can Grow That! with Ekar Farm on Sunday, June 6 at 12:00 p.m. ∙ Workshop 3: Maintain the Life You Love to Live with Cindy Luebke from Shalom Park on Tuesday, June 8 at 11:00 a.m.
- Workshop 4: Navigating Community Resources with Kavod Senior Life’s staff on Thursday, June 10 at 2:00 p.m.
- Workshop 5: Technology Series: Podcasts with Senior Planet Colorado on Monday, June 14 at 11:00 a.m.
- Workshop 6: Beyond the COVID-19 Experience with Jane Barton on Wednesday, June 16 at 1:00 p.m.
- Workshop 7: Walking a Spiritual Path in Our Later Years with Rabbi Sara Gilbert on Tuesday, June 22 at 3:00 p.m.
- Workshop 8: Consumer Fraud & Investment Scams During COVID-19 with the Colorado Attorney General’s Office and SEC on Thursday, June 24 at 11:00 a.m.
- Keynote Workshop: Healing the Wounds of the Past and Present: How to Live in an Uncertain World with Resilience & Joy with Rabbi Tirzah Firestone, Ph.D., on Wednesday, June 30 at 1:00 p.m.
All active adults and caregivers are welcome to attend. Registration and additional information available at www.kavodseniorlife.org/lchaim2life.
∙ Gabriel Sanders, Conference Coordinator, 720.382.7842, GSanders@KavodSeniorLife.org ∙ Christie Ziegler, Director of Communications and Marketing, 720.382.7805 CZiegler@KavodSeniorLife.org
Kavod Senior Life is a nonsectarian, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving older adults with housing and wraparound support services. As the sixth largest retirement community in Denver, Kavod provides subsidized and market-rate apartments for Independent and Assisted Living along with outreach events in the community. More information available at www.kavodseniorlife.org.