Foothills Parks & Recreation District – Oct. 2018
Senior Adult Open House Friday, October 5, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Our 18th Annual Open House is rapidly approaching! Registration is required ONLY if you plan to stay for the FREE lunch, and the registration deadline is 9/28.
Event Highlights: Muffins & Coffee in the morning; Conference Room Presentations: Stopping Arthritis & Degeneration, Gaining Confidence with Caption Telephone, Village at Belmar presentation, Introductory Fitness Class Sessions, Chair Massage, Reiki & Craniosacral Therapy, Blood Pressure Checks & Fitness Testing; Lunch & Entertainment: Columbine Jazz Band
Lunch-n-Learns – 12:30 p.m. free lunch & presentations, must register.
• Wednesday October 17 – Pain & Stress Management through CranioSacral Therapy
• Monday October 22 – Senior Living Transition Resources
Medicare Monday Monday October 29 9:30 a.m. – Annual workshop presented by Colorado Gerontological Society highlighting the changes, updates and requirements for Medicare.
An Escape Room Adventure – Tuesday November 13
A role play adventure where participants solve puzzles and search for clues to find ways to work through the room to a hidden goal. Have a challenging, fun and entertaining experience while bonding with Foothills friends! Fee includes tour and transportation.
Boulder Dinner Theater FACE Vocal Band Special Holiday Performance – Tuesday November 27
-Face is a nationally recognized vocal rock band based out of Boulder, bringing a new edge and attitude to the human voice. Using just four singers and a vocal drummer, Face creates a rock-music phenomenon that has to be seen to be believed. No instruments and no special effects -– just five guys. Deadline to register/cancel: 11/9
A Christmas Story: The Musical – Thursday December 20
Ralphie Parker wants only one thing for Christmas: An Official Red Ryder® Carbine-Action 200-shot Range Model Air Rifle. A Christmas Story, The Musical is the hilarious account of Ralphie’s desperate quest to ensure that this most perfect of gifts ends up under his tree this Christmas. Directed on Broadway by Tony Award®-winner John Rando and choreographed by Warren Carlyle, this musical based on the classic 1983 movie, which itself was based on stories by legendary radio humorist Jean Shepherd, features funny and heartfelt songs by Benj Pasek & Justin Paul and a faithful yet inventive book by Joseph Robinette. A Christmas Story, The Musical captures holiday wonder with such deliciously wicked wit that it is sure to delight children and grown-ups alike! Deadline to register/cancel: 12/4.
Trips are designed for Active Adults and Seniors. No credits or refunds given for cancellations after deadline. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Join the Club!
• Bridge: open play: 1-4 p.m., Wednesdays & Fridays
• Helpful Hands Knitting Club: 9:30-11 a.m., Fridays
• Hike Club: Friday mornings, MAR-OCT
• Mahjong open play: 1-4 p.m., Tuesdays & Thursdays
Foothills offers a variety of fitness opportunities for all abilities and accepts Silver & Fit and SilverSneakers®. Enroll at Peak Community & Wellness Center today!
• Defer the Disease Chronic Condition Programs-Evidence-based programs designed for individuals with chronic disease or conditions (EX-Cancer, Parkinson’s, MS, and more!)
• Land & Aqua Drop-In – classes included with passes or pay as you go. Includes low impact aerobics & strength, SilverSneakers® classes, Stretch, Step-n-Strength, Splash Aerobics, therapy pool classes and more…
• Mind Body Classes-Focus on the mind body connection with Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, WillPower & Grace & Weekend Zen.
• Personal Training-Individual sessions with a certified trainer.
• Specialties and Workshops- and more!
For more information: https://www.ifoothills.org/go/ or call Ann at 303-409-2264. The Peak Community & Wellness Center is located at 6612 S. Ward Street, Littleton, CO 80127.