Benefits in Action
The National Council on Aging and Benefits in Action have teamed up to bring you Colorado’s newest Benefits Enrollment Center. As a Benefits Enrollment Center, we screen Medicare beneficiaries for income-based subsidies through state and federal agencies.
It is the mission of Benefits in Action to help residents of Colorado apply for and understand the health-related benefits for which they are eligible. That is why we are so excited to share information about this partnership with you.
When you speak with a counselor at Benefits in Action you will be asked if your income exceeds a certain limit. The limits are dependent on your marital status. The counselor will also ask the same regarding your assets. We ask these questions to make sure you qualify.
So, what benefits are we screening for? Here are the five programs for which our counselors screen:
1) Low-Income Subsidy is administered through Social Security Administration. Low-Income Subsidy lowers your prescription drug costs, pays a portion of your monthly premium and removes the plan deductible.
2) Medicare Savings Programs are administered through your county’s Department of Health and Human Services. Medicare Savings Programs help pay your Medicare Part B premium and give you the same prescription benefits of low-income subsidy. Depending on your income and resource level, you may be able to have your Medicare coinsurance and deductibles paid as well.
3) Long-Term Care and Home and Community Based Services Medicaid which are administered through your county’s Department of Health and Human Services. Long Term Care Medicaid can help you pay for services received while in a nursing home. Home and Community Based Services Medicaid can help you pay for in home medical aides, adult daycare, and assisted living medical services received at home.
4) Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program which is administered through your county’s Department of Health and Human Services. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program can provide monthly money to you and your family for food. You also receive benefits like discounted admission to museums and zoos.
5) Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program which is administered through your county’s Department of Health and Human Services. Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program can help you pay winter heating bills, and if you apply in time, can help subsidize your bills during summer months.
If you or someone you know could benefit from one of these five programs, please contact Benefits in Action today to schedule your appointment with a benefits counselor. You may also visit our website at www.benefitsinaction.org. Click on ‘Book a Navigator’ and we will meet you at a convenient location.
Benefits in Action is a nonprofit in Lakewood, Colorado serving the entire front range and other parts of Colorado. We help people apply for and understand benefits like Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP food assistance and Connect for Health. We serve people over the phone, in person at our offices, or at a convenient location to help people understand their choices and then apply for benefits.
For additional information or to schedule your appointment call 720-221-8354 or email email@example.com.