Arvada Honors Veteran Employees
ARVADA, CO — The City of Arvada will be hosting their annual Veteran’s Day observance on November 11, 2013 in front of City Hall at 8101 Ralston Road, Arvada. The event will begin at 7:30 a.m. and conclude with a small reception inside City Hall.
Each year the City takes time to observe employees that have served in all military branches. It is a celebration to honor America’s veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good.
Members of the community are welcome to join City employees in this moving, outdoor event. Please wear attire appropriate for the weather. The event agenda will include:
- Arvada Chorale performance of the National Anthem and “America the Beautiful”
- Flag Raising Ceremony performed by the Arvada Police Honor Guard
- 21 Gun Salute performed by the American Legion
- The Pledge of Allegiance, led by Mayor Marc Williams and Members of Arvada City Council
- Memorial for those who served and gave the ultimate service
- Presentation of City of Arvada Veterans and expression of appreciation
- Closing Remarks (Mark Deven, City Manager)
While many people confuse Veteran’s Day for the holiday set aside to honor American military personnel who died in battle or as a result from injuries sustained in combat. Memorial Day is in fact the day set aside to honor military personnel who have perished. Veteran’s Day honors all American Veterans both living and dead; in fact, this day is most intended to thank those veterans still with us for their dedication and loyalty to their county. Please help us express our appreciation for the sacrifices our Veterans have made to keep our country free.
Founded in 1870, the City of Arvada is a beautiful western suburb of Denver, Colorado. Even with an estimated population of 107,700, Arvada retains a small-town feel while featuring a diverse economic base, highly educated workforce, and low crime rate. The City most recently was named a top five finalist for “Most Beautiful” city in America through the Rand McNally 2013 Best of the Road competition. Visit: www.arvada.org or stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and YouTube.