APEX Community Recreation District – Feb. 2014
Art for the Young at Heart Art Show
Opening Reception: Wednesday, February 12, 4-6 pm
Show dates: February 10- March 19
Enjoy the colorful creations of artists age 50+ and local school children. Adult entries ($5) due by Feb. 5. Sponsored by North Jefferson County Schools & the Scientific & Cultural Facilities District.
Common Grounds: Pet Lovers
Friday, February 7, 10-11 am
Leave Fido, Fluffy or Tweety at home, but bring their photos and come enjoy a cup of coffee and snacks with others who love their pets. Register with payment $4 by 2/4.
Tuesdays and Thursdays, February 11-March 20, 11:35 am-12:30 pm
Reduce your fall risk and fear of falling through basic balance and strength exercises. Register in advance, $60 ($72 non-res.).
- Bob Ross Painting, Thursday, February 6, 12-5 pm, $57 ($69 non-res.).
- Pastels & Drawing, Mon., Feb. 17-Mar. 10, 6:30-8:30 pm, $52 ($62 non-res.).
- Stained Glass, Tuesdays, Feb. 18-Mar. 18, 6-9 pm $70 ($84 non-res.).
- Fundamentals of Watercolor II, Wed., Feb. 19-Mar. 12, 6:30-8:30 pm, $52 ($62 non-res.).
- Knitting and Crochet, Mondays, Feb. 24-Mar. 31, 10 am-noon, $34 ($41 non-res.).
- Tuesday Painting (mixed media), Feb. 25-Apr. 1, 12:30-3 pm, $43 ($52 non-res.).
- Watercolor Studio, Thurs., Feb. 20-Mar. 13, 6:30-8:30 pm, $52 ($62 non-res.).
Weight Loss 101
Wednesdays, February 5-26, 9-10 am
Looking for help to lose weight? Various health and wellness professionals will cover tips for healthy weight loss. Register in advance with payment $20 by 2/3.
Tuesdays, 1-2 pm, February 27-April 3 or
Thursdays, 6:15-7:30 pm, March 6-April 12
Select from sessions above to experience the benefits of both Pilates and Yoga, such as stress reduction, enhanced flexibility, and muscular strength. Register in advance, $48 ($58 non-res.). Discount available for SilverSneakers.
Learn basic to advanced use of the computer in a small class setting. One-on-one personal training is also available. Call 303-425-9583 for times and fees.
Veterans’ Benefits Check
Monday, February 10, 9 am-noon
Don’t miss out on your veterans’ benefits! Call for an appointment between 9 and noon to have a counselor from Jefferson County’s Veteran’s Affairs Office review your military veterans’ benefits.
Newcomer’s Welcome Reception
Wednesday, March 5, 9:30 am
Enjoy refreshments and discover the diverse opportunities at the Community Recreation Center. The event is free; reserve your space (303) 425-9583. Bring friends!
Community Recreation Center of Apex PRD
6842 Wadsworth Blvd.
Arvada, CO 80003
(303) 425-9583, FAX (303) 403-2532