Adams County Sets Seven Town Hall Meetings for 2017
The Adams County Board of Commissioners has set dates for seven town hall meetings, including two telephone town halls, in 2017. The meetings are open to all county residents.
The first of the meetings will be a telephone town hall on Tuesday, April 11, at 7 p.m. Visit www.adcogov.org/townhall to sign up to receive a call to join the town hall meeting when it begins. During the call, participants can engage commissioners with questions or simply listen to the conversation while taking part in poll questions.
“We’re excited to hold these telephone town halls to reach more county residents and involve them in our community,” said Adams County Board of Commissioners Chair Eva J. Henry. “People have busy lives and can’t always attend one of our in-person town halls. While we will still hold several traditional town halls, the telephone option is a convenient and easy way for our residents to participate in the process.”
The second telephone town hall is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 24, at7 p.m. In addition, the county will hold five traditional town hall meetings during the year:
- Wednesday, May 10,6:30-8 p.m., at Malley Drive Elementary School, 1300 Malley Dr., Denver
- Wednesday, June 28,6:30-8 p.m., at Perl Mack Community Center, 7125 Mariposa St., Denver
- Wednesday, July 12,6:30-8 p.m., at Regis University, Claver Hall Room 315, 3333 Regis Blvd., Denver
- Wednesday, Aug. 23,6:30-8 p.m., at Adams 12 Conference Center, 1500 E. 128th Ave., Thornton
- Wednesday, Sept. 27,6:30-8 p.m., at Bennett Senior High School, 610 7th St., Bennett
The traditional town halls are scheduled to cover a wide geographic area across the county to make it as convenient as possible for residents to attend in person.